Lucas and Carla finally meet...
- Lucas is back at work, when he has a premonition that Carla is on her way in. Better hide the incriminating evidence, he thinks as you take control. Stand up, and check out the computer printout on the right hand side of his desk - this matches up with the fragment Tyler has, so pick it up and Lucas will hide it for you. Now walk to the left hand side of his desk, and check out the Shakespeare book - Lucas realises that if Carla finds this, she may be able to tie it to the book he left behind in the diner, so pick it up to hide that too.
- When Carla enters Lucas' office, the interrogation will begin, and you have a choice to make. Before she asks a question, there will be a Simon Says event - if you pass the event, then you'll read her mind about what she thinks of you (and you'll see loads of those bugs from earlier) and you'll lose mental health points too; obviously failing the event means no mind-reading (and harmless bugs) but no point loss either. To keep her suspicions down, you should tell the truth at each stage until she discusses your arm bandages, just LIE about those. If you get asked, don't admit to being in the restaurant on the night of the murder, choose something else (although she should only ask this if her suspicion level is beyond a certain point).
- When Lucas goes to the restroom to splash some water around, you get a chance to rifle through his stuff as Carla. Pick up the pen from the right hand side of his desk, that'll be good for some fingerprints. Check out both photos on the desk, check out his drawers if you can. Also check the computer last if you have time. There is an element of randomness to this (perhaps linked to her suspicion level) but at the end Carla should have the pen, and any of the Shakespeare book (can be linked to the book found in the diner), the printout (can be linked to the fragment) or the inscription on the photo of Markus and Lucas (can be linked to the inscription in the Shakespeare book from the
- When Lucas returns to the office, Carla leaves.
- For fun, replay the scene and try the other dialogue options. See if you can get her suspicion level way up to get yourself arrested. See what happens if you don't hide the evidence. See what happens if you deliberately pass all the Simon Says events. And, as Carla, just stand there ignoring the evidence to see what effect that has later in the game.
Chapter 21 - Back to Agatha
Lucas pays a return visit to Agatha.
- Go into Agatha's house (you recover a good wodge of mental health points, to help out if you'd lost them in the last chapter), all is quiet as before. Head straight down the corridor and into the seance room to just miss someone disappearing through the window, Agatha lying on the floor, and a voice on the phone saying the cops are on their way...
- Immediately leave the room by the door you entered, and run down the corridor to the door at the end on Lucas' right (the raven room). Enter the room and go over to the drawers - open the bottom drawer and take out the seed packet: this time there's a key inside.
- Look at the cage in the middle of the room, there's something there. Use the key to open the cage, and reach in to grab an old newspaper, left here for you by Agatha. Reading this is worth another dose of mental health points.
- Leave this room and run back to the seance room - cross to the window and scarper before the cops catch you.
- You could examine Agatha's body before leaving, to confirm she is dead, but it costs you a lot of mental health (so if you do this, do it before going to the raven room).
- An alternative way to open the bird cage is to go into the kitchen (the room opposite the raven room) and take the knife from the table. You could use this on the lock instead of the key.
Chapter 22 - Happy Anniversary!
Tyler and Sam celebrate their anniversary...Carla's a party pooper.
- Tyler arrives home from work, only to be ordered by Sam to turn the oven on and to pour a couple of glasses of champagne. Be a dutiful partner and do as you are told - walk over to the oven and turn it on. Turn to the fridge and open it, get the champagne out and take it to the champagne flutes on the side and pour some out. Sam comes out of the bedroom in a slinky dress and suggests putting some music on - get yourself over to the record player and play a disc - now dance via a Simon Says event: it's worth passing, because you'll get a lot of mental health points back for succeeding.
- Meanwhile, Carla is in the office, working to uncover the murderer. Don't forget that you have can a cup of water and/or play with the yoyo to recover a few mental health points if you need them. Before you can do too much, Garratt calls to let you know that he's emailed you the fingerprints from the pen from Lucas' desk, and sent you a list of destinations from the cab outside the diner all those chapters ago (this latter piece of information would've been useful in her investigation if Lucas had got away from the diner via cab - something to try on another run-through, if you wish).
- So, go to your desk and look at the computer: "EXAMINE" and then "MEMORIZE" the fingerprints, then head over to Tyler's desk and "EXAMINE" then "LINK" the sheet of prints from the murder weapon - there's your first link to Lucas' guilt. Before much else can happen, Officer Martin (the guy from the diner, and from the park when Lucas saved the drowning boy) comes in and tells Carla he let Lucas go that one time. At this point she may indicate she is tired and lose a few mental health points, but you'll get them back in a second.
- Go to Tyler's desk and pick up the Shakespeare book recovered from the diner. "EXAMINE" and "MEMORIZE" this, then return to Carla's desk and locate her in-tray on the other side of the desk. Pick up the Employee File from the bank, and "EXAMINE" and "LINK" Lucas' family details (brother with initials MK) with the dedication ("from MK") in the book. There's your second link.
- Pick up Lucas' photo from his employee file. Leave your office and head over to Officer Martin, working away at his desk in the middle of the main office area. Show him the photo and he id's Lucas as being at the diner. There's your third and final link...now she needs to tell Tyler. Dash back to your office and pick up the phone.
- The phone rings just as things start to get interesting between Tyler and Sam. Chuck her off your lap and walk over to answer the phone. Sam is none too pleased you just walk out on her...
- Other ways to link Lucas to the killings: if Lucas made a phone call (to Markus) from the diner, then you could match the list of numbers dialled from that phone to Markus' number; if Carla found the stock list hidden in Lucas' office, she can match that to the fragment Tyler found; if Carla found the second Shakespeare book hidden in Lucas' office, she can link that to the one from the diner; if the composite photo was 100%, Lucas can be linked that way.
Chapter 23 - Bloody Washing
Lucas shares a vision with The Oracle...more bloody murder...
- There's nothing for you to do here but watch. Whilst Lucas makes his way home from Agatha's, he sees what the Oracle is doing at that precise moment, which is possessing a laundromat attendant and killing a customer. He also has another vision of the girl in green, beckoning him on.
Chapter 24 - Confrontation
Carla and Tyler hit Lucas' house to find...
- Follow Tyler down the corridor, and open the door where he stops...to reveal a somewhat changed living area to the one we saw last. Move to the bedroom door and kick it open - there's no-one there. Walk to the bathroom door, and ditto. (OK, so we know he's been stitched up, but they obviously don't.) The cops outside radio up to say they've seen him, so we automatically switch to:
- Lucas, musing on Agatha, has a vision that Carla and Tyler are waiting for him upstairs. Cue a series of Simon Says events (another way to use up a few of those lives) - note that when you grab hold of the helicopter, it will switch to a L-R event you need to pass to successfully hold on during the chopper's flight.
- You drop off the copter onto a tanker, and there's just one more Simon Says event to pass to escape completely.
Chapter 25 - Captain Jones is Really Upset
Does exactly what it says on the tin.
- Captain Jones shouts at Carla and Tyler for 'letting' Lucas get away.
- Answer "Carla", "Tyler" and "Carla" to spread the pain.
- Finally a small cut scene sets up the Laundromat investigation.
Chapter 26 - Fallen Angels
Lucas seeks peace in his brother's church, but gets way more than he bargained for.
- Lucas has spent the night in Markus' church after escaping from his apartment, so wake him up, stand him up...but here comes Dead Agatha. Have a short chat with her (choose whichever dialogue you want) and enjoy her revelations, but prepare yourself for an extensive Simon Says action sequence, as the church's statues come to life and attempt to finish you off (don't forget the tips at the start for making this sequence easier). These events have a few L-R events tied into them, with not much time given to switch between the two, so be prepared for fast action.
- Afterwards, Markus rouses you and you can talk about a couple of things (although not "GIVE UP"). At the end, go for "MARKUS"'s thoughts on the situation: it's clear he thinks Lucas has gone mad.
Chapter 27 - Soap, Blood & Clues
Carla and Tyler investigate the Laundromat killing.
- Carla: Walk around the car and across the road to Tyler. You'll tell him to start looking around inside whilst you speak to Garrett, so head over to him now and listen to what he has to say. Ask him what you want, then go inside. Immediately head to your left, i.e. in front of the orange chairs. Kneel down to see one of the victims, and "LOOK" to see his arm carvings. Stand and walk forwards a couple of paces, then check out the bloody footprints on the floor. Walk towards the phone at the back, and kneel to check out the other victim. Walk down the other side of the washing machines (picking up the bonus card by the washing basket if you collect them), to the group of items near Tyler in the corner. Check out the bloodstained floor, then the toolbox, then switch to Tyler.
- Tyler: Walk to the first body and check it out. Walk up to the second body and check that out - then check the phone out. Stand and continue the circuit - you can look at the washing machine on the end of the free-standing set of machines if you wish, but there's nothing interesting there. Walk back to the door of the Laundromat and check out the key - the Laundromat was locked from the inside when the killings occured. Talk to Carla and select "LEAVE", on the way out Carla begins to realise there's more to this killing, and Kane's murder, than meets the eye.
Chapter 28 - The Fugitive
Lucas seeks sanctuary at Tiffany's apartment.
- Walk forward and around the corner, continuing on towards the front entrance to Tiffany's apartment block. There's another bum here, sitting by the telephone booths (looking at him will cost you a minor amount of mental health points, but it's another indication for the future). As you close in on the front door, you get a premonition of the cops staking it out, so turn around and begin walking back - after a few steps there's an alleyway, walk into this and climb the fence. Walk forwards and climb the next fence too.
- You could look at the raven here, but it costs you a few mental health points, so ignore it and walk forwards again, then you stop suddenly as there are two cops guarding the back door. Look at the cop cam, they are looking in your direction for a while, then look away for a time. You need to run straight ahead when they aren't looking, head to the drainpipe in the corner and climb up.
- On the ledge you have periods of moving, interrupted by Simon Says events to prevent the cops from noticing you. So start off by moving left, and then up when you hit the corner. After the first Simon Says, you are told to "MOVE!" so do it, continue with up until the next event hits. Continue in this vein until you reach the next drainpipe, then shimmy down this and you've got past the cops. Note that if you run out of time on the ledge you will slip and fall, so you need to get a move on.
- Climb over yet another fence, and you've finally by Tiffany's window (the second window is hers). Now, you can either walk over to the corner of the opposite building, pick a brick up and smash a hole in the window to get it open, or you can just go up to the window itself and have an extended L-R event to force it open...the choice is yours, although the second method is preferable.
- Slip in through the open window, and walk around to the other side of the bed - you'll be given a quick Simon Says events: if you pass this, then you'll have a vision of Tyler looking under Tiffany's bed for you. You can lie on the bed if you need to recover some mental health points, after which just go through the door into her living area.
- Go and pick up the TV remote control from a box near the couch, and watch TV until Lucas turns it off - this gives you a contact name, Professor Kuriakin, an expert on Mayan civilisation.
- Head to the kitchen area, nose through Tiffany's cupboards for something to eat: there's a bonus card in one of the cupboards if you want it, there's a jar of food in one you can raid, plus some sandwiches in the fridge. Drink the milk from the fridge too, for a few more points.
- You can also go into her bathroom (the grey door next to the bedroom door) and walk between the sink unit and the shower to pick up another extra life (should you need one).
- Tiffany will come in soon enough, and one short cut scene later (with an additional hug and bonus mental health points if you made love to her earlier in the game) Tyler knocks on the door. Lucas has to hide, and quick. There are quite a few places you can hide, under her bed, in her wardrobe, in the cupboard in the living area. One of the funniest is under the painting table in her living area, it's wonderfully obvious that Lucas is hiding there, butTyler doesn't see him at all (he's a pretty poor cop, to be honest, he hardly checks anywhere).
- To help prevent Tyler from finding you, there will be a few Simon Says events to pass, but these are relatively simple and should prove no trouble.
- For fun, listen to her answer phone message to depress you a bit. Also, try out all the other hiding places in Tiffany's house.
Chapter 29 - Janos
The lunatics take over the asylum...
- Carla visits Bellevue Asylum to see Janos, the murderer in the Kirsten case. Assistant Barney tells her that Janos' room is down the second corridor on the right, just as the light go out then come back on. Damn power outages...
- Walk Carla to Janos' cell (if you really want a bonus card, don't go down Janos' corridor yet, continue straight to the end, pick the card up then come back). Walk into the cell, then talk to Janos. Ask him about "KIRSTEN", then tell him he's "NOT CRAZY". Ask him about "KIRSTEN" again, then about the "OTHER MURDERS". You get one more question then you leave - just as you exit the cell, the lights go off - for good this time.
- Carla's claustrophobia kicks in again, so you're not only going to have to repeat the L-R actions to keep her breathing steadily, but you've also got to escape from the cell area. Start off by walking forwards, and stop moving when she tells you someone is nearby. Wait until the inmate has passed, then turn to where he came from and walk down there.
- Carry on forwards - when you can, hug the left hand wall, then another inmate will approach from the front and you'll have to stop until he's clear. Then continue onwards until the lights come on and you'll need to run like heck to get to the door before they get you.
- Try other dialogue with Janos for fun, especially the alternatives to calling him "NOT CRAZY". Wander around in the dark, trying not to get killed by the inmates - see how long you can survive in the dark.
Chapter 30 - Meeting Kuriakin
Lucas finds out more.
- You enter the museum, the prof is working at the back. If you wish, you may wander around the exhibits and examine a few - the most useful thing here before meeting the professor is on the far left as you enter, tucked in the corner - a bonus card. Walk up to the professor, and tell him you're a reporter for an INVENTed newspaper - you get a Simon Says event at little notice, then select AVOIDING when discussing if he recognises you.
- Follow the prof to the double-headed snake piece, and select THOUGHTS, OTHER-WORLD and ORACLES as your dialogue choices, then move on to the sacrifice painting. Choose ORACLE KILLS, EXECUTOR and CONCLUSION and then he confronts you to tell the truth. Do it, select TRUTH and then you need to persuade him you are innocent - selectin SHOW FOREARMS will do the trick; the prof will accompany you out of the side entrance and into the car park.
There are a few different paths you can go down in the dialogue in this chapter, most of them see the professor leaving you to get the guard to sort you out. Try a few others out on the replay.
- A long sequence of Simon Says events happen next - another use for your lives - with a single L-R event in the middle as you try to hold on to a speeding car. At the end, the professor dies, but not before revealing very useful information about the Codex and the Indigo Child. Just as you think it's all over, the Oracle hits and you wake up...
Chapter 31 - Mayan Secrets
...somewhere strange and unknown.
- The Oracle explains a few things to - and about - you, helpfully he wants you dead as well, and summons some sort of black panther to hunt you down and rip you to pieces. Cue a series of Simon Says events, which end in the panther about to pounce when...
- ...here's Dead Agatha again, pulling your fat out of the fire.
Chapter 32 - The Clan
The Oracle reports back to his masters...
- This is a simple Simon Says event, it's a vision Lucas is having of what the Oracle currently sees and says to his masters. If you fail, you won't get to see the whole sequence, but it's really easy so use it as a relaxation exercise before it all kicks off again.
- The upshot of this scene is the Orange Clan realising there is another Clan on the scene, and confirmation that although the Oracle has been pulling Lucas' strings, someone is pulling the Oracle's strings too.
Chapter 33 - Danger & Ubiquity
Lucas realises Markus is in danger; Markus faces off with the Oracle; and Carla and Tyler hit Lucas' hotel room...
- A fantastic three-handed chapter, you not only have to control Lucas to warn Markus to clear off before the Oracle gets him, you not only have to control Markus to get him clear of the Oracle, you also get to control Carla (and Tyler) in bursting in on Lucas' hotel room and arresting the poor chap.
- You start off as Lucas - another vision through the eyes of the Oracle shows that the evil geezer is bearing down on Markus, ready to terminate him with extreme prejudice. (Note that you could at this point control Carla and burst in on Room 369, basically condemning Markus to death, but it would really upset Lucas, so do that on a non-saved replay, ok?)
- Lucas: Get up, go around the bed to the phone, and ring it baby. Markus hears the phone, and is confronted by the Oracle at the same time - here you have a choice, to answer the phone or to TALK to the Oracle. Let's just say it's not good to TALK; when you get the chance to move, RUN to the door (you are already facing in the right direction). Get through it and answer the phone - it's on the desk to your right. As Lucas say "NO TIME", then back as Markus turn to the door immediately next to you and lock it.
- Carla: Proceed up the corridor and kick in the door next to Tyler...whoops. Carla realises that the 6 in 366 had slipped around and looked like a 9, so turn her round and walk down the corridor to the last door before the fire exit. Burst in and...damn it! More sloppy police work from C&T as they leave the room without searching it for Lucas - who has a nasty shock on his return (when you walk over and answer the phone, of course).
- There are a few ways to get Markus killed - switching to Carla early on, not locking the door, wasting time on the phone - try them all in the replay.
Chapter 34 - Fate on Russian Hills
Tiffany has only gone and got herself caught.
- Lucas enters the old fun fair, and the first thing he sees in front of him is yet another bum - go over and have a look, it's the guy from the first chapter and you'll meet him properly soon. Turn to your right and walk as far as you can; you'll have to come around and to the right of a stall, and lying on the ground is another life. Handy for later.
- Run back past the bum and continue on, turning right when you can, towards the rollercoaster. The raven actually helps you out by flying the correct way, but you'll soon see a hut with three lights on. Enter it, and move the power switch to summon a roller coaster car. Leave the hut and enter the car, remembering to pull the safety bar down.
- After your short journey, raise the bar and get ready for a horrendous L-R event - as you cross the beam to Tiffany, you have to prevent the bar from hitting the left OR the right edge of the gauge. You do this by pressing the appropriate button - i.e. if the bar is moving left, you press the right arrow, and vice versa. However, it's constantly moving, and your presses don't necessarily move it a consistent amount - so one time you may press it and it only moves it a little, then you press it again and the bar shoots across the gauge to one side and topples you from the beam.
- The best tip I have for this is as follows: the gauge is split into eight segments - if the bar hits the end of segment 1 or 8, it's lost life time. Only press the appropriate button to move the bar away from the end when it reaches segment 2 or segment 7 - whilst it is in sections 3, 4, 5 or 6, do nothing - there's no necessity to keep the bar in the middle, you just have to keep it away from the edges. It really is horrible, good luck with it, hopefully you've got nimbler fingers than I - in any event, you should have five or six lives by now!
- You reach Tiffany (eventually, in my case), so move around the back of her, untie her and...oh bottoms.
Chapter 35 - Child's Play
Lucas returns to Hangar 4B...
- So, you're dead. Get over it. Some mysterious voices talk about you, and finally note that you're dreaming - cue another flashback to Lucas and Markus as kids on the Wichita Military Base, you're on your bed, so get up then jump down from your bunk. Turn to Markus and wake him up. Climb out of your window, and get ready for some horrible maneuvers.
- The first thing to note is you have one these maps again - you and Markus are the green blob, the guards are blue, and the path you should roughly follow is marked in yellow (I say roughly, because deviation from this is fine). There are a couple of red crosses to mark waypoints. An added complication this time around are the searchlights, so let's get moving.
- Creep forwards and around the side of the hut, and move slowly along until a window opens up, showing you two soldiers on sentry duty. Move forwards a little, until you are level with the steps going into the hut (you'll also see yourselves on the soldier cam). Turn yourself so your back is towards the hut, and move the camera (via the "1" on the keypad) so you can see a large rock in front of you. One of the soldiers turns regularly to look in the direction of the rock, one of the searchlights covers it from time to time.
- Wait for the soldier to look at the rock, then look away - now run for the middle of the rock (I managed to run across the searchlight without being caught, I think this is just to help the soldiers' visibility). Don't stop running when you reach the rock, head right and go all the way around it to wall. Continue along the wall - after a few steps, the soldier cam will disappear, indicating that you've passed them successfully.
- Continue along the wall, passing behind a huge concrete block and a couple of tarpaulin-covered crate stacks. There's another stack standing a little way away from the wall, head towards that and you'll be told a soldier is coming "quick, let's hide". Run towards and behind the jeep you can see on the screen and wait until the soldier passes by (use the map to see when he stops moving).
- Now run the way the soldier came, and around the side of the hut - moving slowly in the last section as there is another soldier looking directly at you. Markus will catch up and point the soldier out, then he'll offer to create a distraction and a new waypoint appears on the map. The boys split at this point, choose one of them and run back down the side of the hut, the rear of the pile of junk - an exclamation mark appears, so action this to create the diversion. Now run back to your little friend, and wait a few seconds for the soldier to clear the side of the hut. Now cross over to the concrete block ahead - timing your run to avoid the searchlight, as this one will result in a soldier catching you.
- Wait for the next searchlight to move away, then immediately run down the side of the concrete block - in a straight line you'll end up between the first and second huts, whereupon you'll have to wait for your brother to catch up. Repeat the run-to-the-block, run-down-the-side-of-the-block routine to join forces again (just keep running past your brother and he will follow), until you end up behind a couple of rocks with a soldier the other side.
- Markus offers to create a distraction, so control him to run back down the side of the hut, around the back of it, and up to other side to behind a barrel. Action this, then you gain control of Lucas again - the soldier runs off, so immediately run to the pole and begin climbing...try not to mess the climb up!
- When you reach the top, you have to crawl along the cable, avoiding the searchlights - so move slowly to the edge of a searchlight's reach, then dash across when it moves away: you just have enough time to do this for each one of the searchlights. Climb down the other side and head towards the hangar, avoiding the searchlights as you go (suggest running parallel to the first searchlight, then when it moves away run directly to the edge of the hangar. Moving along the hangar's edge avoids the other searchlights).
- Open the hangar door (the final red marker), enter the lift (it's in front of you), then walk forward and open the next door, to see the secret of the hangar...
Chapter 36 - Checkmate!
The Oracle reports back to his masters...
- This is a simple Simon Says event, it's a vision Lucas is having of what the Oracle currently sees and says to his masters. If you fail, you won't get to see the whole sequence, but it's really easy so use it as a relaxation exercise before it all kicks off again.
- Yeah, yeah, I know I used this description above - this time the Oracle tells them that Lucas is dead and he's da man for finding the Indigo Child...
Chapter 37 - The Pact
Carla finally confronts Lucas face-to-face, over the grave of his dead lover.
- Carla turns up at the cemetery, direct her to Tiffany's grave which is quite easy to find as it has fresh flowers on it. Have a look at them and Lucas turns up, telling you a little about her.
- Be TRUSTING not WARY (unless you want to lose mental health points), then prepare yourself for a Simon Says event for Carla to realise something about Lucas. Say "WHY" and then "ORACLE", and then pass the next Simon Says event for Carla to begin believing Lucas' tale.
- Choose whichever dialogue responses you like, finally you have another Simon Says event as Carla ponders whether Lucas is telling the truth or lying (you don't get to make her decision for her, though). There's one final Simon Says event as they shake hands, for Carla to notice something else about Lucas.
Chapter 38 - Jade
Lucas discovers where the Indigo Child lives...
- It time for another simple Simon Says event, another vision through the eyes of the Oracle, as Lucas discovers where the Indigo Child resides - and then Carla touches him tenderly (indicating that in the intervening time - you'll need to check the dates carefully to realise some time has passed - these two have formed a strong bond).
Chapter 39 - Frozen to the Bone
Tyler finds out Carla is hiding something...and gets himself off the case in fine style.
- You can play this chapter as either Carla or Tyler (from the start at least) but personally I prefer to stick with Carla (because I know what's coming for Tyler!). Carla and Tyler are at the police station - it's cold as all heck - and Tyler finally confronts Carla with his feeling that she is hiding something from him.
- You can LIE if you like, but it brings Carla down, so ADMIT it and feel better.
- Sam turns up, and you switch to controlling Tyler - walk over to her and chat: man, that's some ultimatum she lands on you. Select LEAVE (for two reasons - firstly, STAYing doesn't really affect the plot, as Tyler wouldn't appear again anyway. Secondly, he loses so much mental health by STAYing, that he almost goes mad, so why bother. Do this for fun after you've finished the chapter.
- Walk back to Carla and say sayonara babe, he leaves the storyline either way.
Chapter 40 - Where is Jade?
Lucas recovers Jade and faces Hobson's choice.
- Lucas and Carla pull up to the orphanage seen in Chapter 38, get out of the car, walk up to the front door and open it. Walk through and past the nun, into a corridor area, with doors on the left and right (note the emergency exit halfway down on the right).
- A timer kicks in, representing how much time you have before the Oracle turns up and steals Jade from you, but really you have loads of time so there's no need to rush. You can check out rooms on the left and right if you wish (and do so on a rerun later), but there's only one you really need to look in, and two more optional extras. The first extra is the second door on the left - there is a bonus card between the bed and the window. The second extra is right at the end on the right, there's an extra life crucifix in the room, on the bench.
- Down the end of the corridor you see a painting on the wall, the same as the one in your vision - indicating that the Indigo Child is in the last room on the left. Go in there, walk over to her medical chart and look at it, you now officially know she is called Jade. Pick up her and leave the room - it doesn't matter how much time is left on the timer, the Oracle turns up when you leave the room - run forwards and through the emergency exit door we took note of earlier...to end up on the roof, facing off against the Oracle.
- Now follows an extended sequence of Simon Says and L-R events - so switch to low graphics as noted at the start to make it a bit easier on yourself - and go for it. When it's finally over, take a quick breather but it's not over yet: for the room you find yourself in is occupied by Dead Agatha, and a short conversation where you learn (especially if you pass a short Simon Says event) more about who...or should I say what...she really is.
- You face a choice - give Jade to Dead Agatha, or tell her to get stuffed. Although your choice does not affect the next couple of chapters, or the ending achieved, it does affect the final interactive chapter, so this is the main area of replayability in the game. Go through all scenarios after giving Jade to Dead Agatha, then repeat Chapter 40 and REFUSE and try them all again.
- You have to prevent possession by the AI if you refuse to give Jade up (or see below), a fairly simple L-R event to escape.
- You could actually not pick Jade up - just let the timer run out by standing around in the corridor, for example. The Oracle approaches you as before and you still have to get out via the emergency exit - the rooftop fight with the Oracle is the same, but when you confront Dead Agatha this time, she has a go at you for losing Jade to the Oracle, then the conversation ranges as above: obviously there's no decision to be made, and the AI does try to possess you again.
Chapter 41 - Bogart
Lucas finally finds out what all these homeless guys are about.
- Down in the subway you follow a bum for some distance through the tunnels, into a lift and over to a group of homeless people chatting to Carla before you reach them (including a short, healthy interlude with Markus if you saved him from the Oracle earlier in the game). On the way you can take a slight detour to pick up a bonus card, you'll see it on the subway tracks near a slope up to platform level.
- Walk past the campfire, and the guy tells you to sit. Do as he says, and then chat about what you like - it doesn't really matter what you choose, just be aware that saying "NOW WHAT" ends the conversation. Bogart tells Lucas that their next plan is to go to the Wichita military base - either to take Jade there if you have her, or to rescue her if you don't. At this point, Lucas heads off for a subway car for a snooze, and you gain control of Carla.
- Warm your hands by the campfire for a few bonus mental health points, then head right down the end of the platform to the barricade and investigate the radio there - it needs batteries and an antenna. Check out each of the subway trains: in one you'll find a flashlight which can be opened to give you some batteries, in another a crucifix for an extra life.
- Continue back up the platform, past the campfire and towards the jumble of junk near where you came in. There's a picture frame or some such here, and you can break a chunk off - one impromptu antenna. Take this back to the radio and insert the batteries into it, attach the antenna and turn the radio on. Listen to the whole sequence of reports - it makes Carla slightly depressed, but don't worry, we'll sort that in a moment.
- Now head back up the platform to the subway car on the end, enter it and lie down next to Lucas - the pair of them get it on in an extended lovemaking scene, non-interactive this time around.
Chapter 42 - Revelation
- It's the final flashback to Lucas' childhood, this time you can't do much, just get down from your bunk and walk over to the bedroom door - open it and head down the corridor (your parents are arguing over something all this while). Listen at the door at the end of the corridor, to learn much more about yourself ... and get caught!
Chapter 43 - Final Countdown
It's Lucas (and Carla) vs both clans for the right to hear the Indigo Prophecy.
- What path you end up following here depends on your actions at the end of chapter 40: to recap, either you gave Jade to the Indigo Clan in the form of Dead Agatha, or you kept her for yourself. This walkthrough will detail what happens if you kept her for yourself, but before that, here's a quick run down of what events you could expect if you gave her up to Dead Agatha: when you turn up at the Hangar, you find that Jade and the Indigo AI is there ahead of you, he tries to possess you to make you pick Jade up and put her in the Chroma. If you pass this possession L-R event, then you get to fight the Indigo AI via a fairly simple Simon Says test - at which point the Oracle turns up, gun at Carla's head, saying give me the kid or Carla gets it. If you give the kid up to the Oracle, you and Carla survive, the Oracle puts Jade
in the Chroma, and it's the Orange ending. If you refuse to give the kid up, Carla turns the tables on the Oracle, and you put the kid in the Chroma, cue victory for the good guys. If you failed the possession test with the Indigo AI, then you'll end up putting Jade in the Chroma on behalf of the Indigo Clan (so they win), unless you pass another possession test later which comes about thanks to Carla (you gain control of her and have to dash into the hangar and sort Lucas out). Phew. Now onto what happens if you refused to give Jade to Dead Agatha ...
- The first thing you do on getting out of your vehicle is to force your way through the snow drifts to the hangar doors, via our old friend the L-R event. Open the door and carry Jade through to the next door; open this too. As you reach the main floor you find Orange Clan soldiers everywhere, with the Oracle waiting. Put Jade down and fight the Oracle via a combination of the usual Simon Says and L-R events, eventually you should defeat him...only to still have those pesky soldiers to deal with. Pass the next events (you'll be shot if you fail) to beat the soldiers...except now the AI turns up (he finishes off the soldiers if you got shot)!
- Once more into the breach, more Simon Says and L-R events to defeat the AI, after which you should pick up Jade, take her to the Chroma and place her in it, for the good ending. Obviously if Lucas fails these events, the AI takes Jade to the Chroma and it's a win for the Purple team.
- If you lost all your lives in the Oracle fight, it's not quite game over as previously: Lucas is imprisoned, and it's over to Carla. She now has to do the L-R event to get through the snow and into the hangar - uh oh, there's an Orange Clan soldier in the way. Pick up the metal bar from the ground and knock him out with it. Now you can pick up his gun and shoot the Oracle, waking Lucas up and he now gets to deal with the Orange Clan soldiers and the AI as above. Should Carla get caught (i.e. by not knocking out the soldier, or failing to finish the Oracle), then it's a win for the Orange team.
- If the Oracle got Jade from the orphanage, then on the cinematic where you see the AI go after you but then starts getting shot at by the Oracle's soldiers, when the AI flies away, the camera zooms in on the Oracle and he has a SMIRK on his face because he has Jade.
- When you get to the Chroma source, the ORACLE is the one who has Jade. You will immediately see his soldiers at the entrance. After you defeat or are caught by them, you have to fight the Oracle. When you beat the Oracle, the AI appears and thanks you for defeating the Oracle for him (INSTEAD of thanking you for bringing the child).
(Thanks to entranced for picking up this additional storyline, good work!)
Chapter 44 - Epilogue
It's the ending sequence of the game, the best ending you could hope for. After this you gain 200 bonus points and can start unlocking a few sequences, mini-games, music files or pictures. Replay chapters at will (remember to select "do not save") and try other options, especially replaying Chapter 43 to experience the other options and thereby endings is quite fun.
0.16 25Sep05 Initial version, seven of the first eight chapters complete.
0.32 26Sep05 Complete up to and including chapter 14 (of 44).
0.43 27Sep05 Complete through 19 (of 44).
0.68 28Sep05 Complete through 26 (plus 32, 35, 36 & 44).
0.75 29Sep05 Complete through 29 (plus 32, 35, 36 & 44).
0.80 30Sep05 Complete through 32 (plus 35, 36 & 44).
0.84 1Oct05 Complete through 36, plus 44.
0.91 2Oct05 Complete through 39, plus 44.
1.00 3Oct05 Complete!
1.10 15Oct05 Update on "Where Is Jade?"
Autor: Craig Johnson
This may be not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Use of this guide on any other web site or as a part of any public display is strictly prohibited, and a violation of copyright.
This walkthrough is entirely my own work - so don't rip it off without asking, ok? I mean, I'm happy to allow other sites to use this walkthrough, provided (a) I'm asked first and give permission and (b) the whole document is used, not just extracts.
Just a note to say thanks for certain other FAQs who decided to steal info from here to run in their own, less complete versions - you know who you are, there's a place in hell waiting for you ;-)
As for charging, personally I find it crass that some people beg for money in their walkthroughs - do them for the love of helping others in games you've enjoyed or get a job for Prima, ok! Having said that, I do have a paypal account if you want to email me about it at craigjohnsonesq(at)aol.com !!!
Autor: Craig Johnson
- Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) Old Screens
- Fahrenheit ( Indigo Prophecy ) Прохождение Russian...
- Quantic Dream Uses Vicon MoCap On “Fahrenheit” aka...
- Fahrenheit 解決 日本語
- Fahrenheit (Turkish)
- Fahrenheit (Bulgarian)
- Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) Files
- OverGame: Fahrenheit : Entretien David Cage / part...
- Interview de OverGame avec David Cage
- Fahrenheit Patch 1.1