Here's the public presentation of Heavy Rain for the PlayStation 3 made by its Producer at Micromania Games Show 2008 in Paris.
- In this demo, the player takes the role of a young journalist who is investigating on several girls' disappearances, she goes to a house of a taxidermist who is suspected of killing these women. In this presentation, the Producer of the game shows 2 different ways to finish this demo, there are lots of different ways to get through the story.
- Multiple view camera system, not always behind the girl.
- The demo is fully playable, no cut-scenes, the player can control the girl at any time.
- The Sixaxis motion sensor is used in the game to make different moves (open a window, raise or hit on an object, etc.).
- It is possible to hear what is happening in the mind of the character, so the player knows the different choices that are available.
- No loadings in the game!
- Backgrounds are fully interactive (all objects can be used, all doors can be opened, etc.).
- Very interesting Split Screen System to keep an eye on the murderer, control the character at the same time.
- The player has to maintain several buttons to stay hidden, uncomfortable situation for the player to reproduce the same stress in the game.
- Quick time events for some action scenes.
Autor: Antoine Morcos
Source: GameKyo (JeuxRance.com)
- Quantic Licenses Omegame Menus Master For Heavy Ra...
- Gamesindustry.biz: Living the Dream
- October 2008 Heary Rain progress screens and artwo...
- VG247: Heavy Rain play target is “8-12 hours,” say...
- EDGE: A Journey into Heavy Rain + EDGE october cov...
- Heavy Rain: Quantic Dream’s Leipzig Experience
- Game Convention 2008: Heavy rain full presentation...
- GC 2008: David Cage interview
- Eurogamer: Demo and DLC for Heavy Rain
- GC 2008: Heavy Rain Eyes-on (describing of present...